Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pros and cons and my weekend

My husband and I have been making some big "Pros and Con's" lists lately as we make some decisions about our next move within the Marine Corps. He is feeling that it is time for a change and I agree.. sort of. I agree that he needs a change but I'm not sure I'm ready for the change. All and all I think it's best for his career and for his happiness but I will be sad to move away from my brand new house and my amazing friends! 

I have been very lucky to make some really great friends everywhere we have gone. Friendships that I will always cherish. I honestly don't know what I would do without Facebook! It is such a great way to keep up with each other and watch each others kids grow! I've been sad every time I have had to say goodbye to friends but I feel like this time will be the hardest! It's not even for sure yet but a decision like this consumes my brain! I think about it constantly! I believe things happen for a reason so I'm sure things will turn out how they are supposed to but I don't always understand the reasons. Plus, this time the Marine Corps isn't going to be telling us we have to move it will be our decision so it's even harder! 

Oy.
 
This weekend was such a lazy weekend! I feel like we have had a lot of lazy days lately and I'm not so sure I love them! One here and there are good but too many makes me anxious. I don't like to do nothing everyday, I need to be busy! 
 
 On Friday, Patrick got home from work before I had even started drinking my coffee so my plans for the day changed. He and Bailey napped for over two hours in the afternoon. Bailey usually only naps an hour but more and more lately her naps are 2 or 2.5 hours which is crazy! I like it but I am not used to it yet and never expect it! Had I known they would sleep that long I would have gotten out and done something! I did go for a walk/jog with Hershey (our almost 5 year old beagle/lab mix) 
 

The rest of the day was pretty lazy. Such bums! 

Yesterday we had another pretty lazy day but we did get out for dinner. We went to Pancho Villa (a mexican restaurant we love) and sat outside since it was such a great weather kind of day! I love being outside! 


The kids meals come with ice cream and Bailey sure did enjoy it! 

Today was football!! We are big football fans! Carolina Panther fans. I was born and raised in North Carolina so I have always been a Carolina fan. Patrick, not so much but he never had a team so he is now a Panther fan also. He gets so mad though when we lose {which sadly is most of the time} so he always threatens to jump ship {usually for whoever is winning. Ha!}. He and my Dad have that in common, both are fair weather fans!  
 

 We all match in our jersey's every Sunday! 



After football and nap time we finally carved our pumpkin! We have been trying since last weekend but something always happens or it gets dark before we get the chance! 
 
Here is a little of our pumpkin carving fun! 
 
 

Ta-da! 

We're far from pro's when it comes to pumpkin carving but we had fun and that's all that matters! 




 




No comments:

Post a Comment