Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sick, sick, sick! Thanksgiving and Black Friday!

I have been sick for 4 days now and am absolutely miserable! :-(
Sinus infection, and possible bronchitis. I ended up at the ER on Thanksgiving and they said they don't really treat either so they sent me home with cough drops. I was not happy. I went to Urgent care the next day and was told I am not sick enough yet to be treated so to come back in a week! Ugh! Really? Why can't you help me now!?! Again, not happy! This Dr. did prescribe a good cough suppressant and tell me to take mucinex. 

I am only getting worse so I guess I will be seeing the Urgent Care Doc again in a week. Grrrr! 

Even though I am feeling like I am I still did my best to enjoy Thanksgiving! I spent all of Wednesday afternoon baking! Pumpkin bread, chocolate cake, cheesecake, rice krispie treats, and potato salad! 

All morning Thursday I did my best not to sit down because I knew that would be it! I cooked and cleaned all morning. We ate turkey around 3:30 then I finally sat down and that's when it all caught up and we headed out to urgent care which turned into the ER since they weren't open! 

This is our Thanksgiving photo... 
Not too bad considering how I actually felt! 

My friend and I headed out to catch a few Black Friday deals around 10 Thurs night! Probably a bad idea since I was already super sick! We got back around 12:30 I think and I went straight to bed!! 

The next morning I was paying for it. I was seriously miserable ALL day yesterday :-(  I did a lot of sitting around and napping! Patrick was great doing stuff with Bailey all day! 

Patrick was excited to get out a little so we did all head out for a bit. We bought my Christmas present!! 

A DSLR CAMERA!!! Wooo hooo!!! You will be seeing some wayy better pics from me soon as I learn how to use it! I will share this journey with you all! 

After another nap yesterday evening we went out and picked out our Christmas tree! I got through it much better than I thought! It is beautiful! We plan to decorate it Sunday when Patrick is home! He is on duty today. Blah! 


  I love this picture! Even though it's blurry, it captures the excitement and fun she was having running all around looking at the trees!


Well, that's what's been going on around here! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment