Tuesday, November 6, 2012

How to decorate your home for fall for under $20.00!

The answer my friends is...

CLEARANCE SALES!! 

Yes, I hit the clearance sale at Michael's this week and got everything for 75%-80% off!

I don't know about you but for me once I take down my Halloween decor there isn't much just fall stuff left until it's time to put up Christmas so this year I wanted to work on my fall decor so I thought I would run to all my favorite places to find a few things, Ross, Kirklands, Pier 1, Kohls, etc.. 

At Kirklands I ended up buying Christmas decor (that I love!) but that didn't help in the fall decor department, at Ross I got a cute dish for $3.99 that matches a cake stand I bought earlier this year! 


Isn't is cute? I love that I can change the ribbon to go with anything! 
The pumpkins were included in the clearance sale items I got from Michael's!! 

I headed to Pier 1 next and although I found lots of stuff I wanted, nothing really fit the price range I was trying to stay in so Michael's was my next stop and..

JACKPOT!!

I got everything pictured below for $18.00!! 



I grabbed a couple handfuls of the silk leaf stems, eucalyptus, and some other pretty stems to mix together. They were about $.70 a piece (approximately), A net bag full of pumpkins, and pears (around $2.00), the silk leaf garland ($3.ish), an individual pumpkin (dirt cheap), and the super cute straw girl (only $3 something!) 

I used some vases and burlap I already had around the house to pull it together! 
  
It really makes my house so warm and fall-ish, I LOVE it! 


 I'm really not sure why the quality of this photo looks so bad :-/ I'm sorry about that! 
A nice camera is on my Christmas list!! These are all Iphone photos now. 

I light my sweet cinnamon pumpkin candle from Bath and Body Works and voila! Fall! 



Even though my clearance method won't help you before the whole fall season begins, it will definitely help now and save some $$ for next year! 

Can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving?? 

I need to come up with a couple Thanksgiving projects! Hmmm...




     

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment